On Site Staff
June Leonard Apartments
DATE POSTED: December 21, 2018
REPORTS TO: Special Projects Manager
HOURS: Fulltime – 40 hours a week, Sunday – Thursday. May include some evening and weekends. Must live on site and must be on call.
PAY RANGE: $15.00 (effective 1/1/19) to 16.69 per hour (40 hours week basis) non-exempt position plus a Two Bedroom Apartment ($50 per month rent)
BENEFITS: Life/disability and pension. Medical, dental, retirement, vacation & sick leave
LIHI is a private non-profit developer, owner and manager of affordable housing for low-income families and individuals. LIHI currently owns and/or operates more than 2,000 units that provide housing to individuals and families who are very low income, elderly, veterans, homeless and/or disabled.
June Leonard is LIHI’s newest property in Downtown Renton and consists of 49 units. The property is designed to house chronically homeless vets, individuals and families, as well as work force housing units. Residents will be provided enhanced supportive services from Sound Health and The VA. June Leonard is a six story new building with Studio, One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments. Applicants must be ready to start in late January 2019.
- Perform and schedule routine maintenance and janitorial or common areas, grounds maintenance, garbage removal and weeding, replacing locks and light bulbs, performing minor carpentry and painting.
- Respond to emergencies on site, being on-call with pager and performing nightly grounds checks.
- Respond to residents’ concerns and questions regarding the building.
- Inspect the building’s interior and exterior regularly. Inspect units annually; at time of turnover or as directed.
- Inventory – maintain basic supplies.
- Prepare vacant units including light maintenance, cleaning, and coordinating vendors for re-rental in a timely manner.
- Reside at the site in a designated apartment.
- Other duties as assigned
- One year building maintenance experience.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with low-income people.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to make a one-year commitment.
- Must pass criminal background checks and drug screening.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume or an application form. Application forms are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org or may be obtained in person at the office or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935. All application materials should be mailed, faxed or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Closing date: Open until filled.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply. LIHI participates in the E-Verify program.