Sr. Site Coordinator
Tiny House Villages
DATE POSTED: March 6, 2017
REPORTS TO: Area Manager
HOURS: Fulltime – 40 hours a week, Tuesday – Saturday. Will include some evenings and weekends.
PAY RANGE: $18.00 to $21.00 per hour DOE
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, vacation & sick leave.
This is a non-exempt temporary position expected to last 10 to 12 months, depending on funding. Position may extend into a regular position if additional funding is approved.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops and manages housing for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing for all. LIHI provides over 2000 affordable housing units in the Puget Sound region. LIHI also works with the City of Seattle to establish city-sanctioned encampments and tiny house villages. One site is in Georgtown and one in Licton Springs. LIHI also provides services through our Resident Services program and by partnering with area human service provides to further meet the needs of our residents. This position will work at multiple properties located in north Seattle and Georgetown including two homeless sites and two houses.
- Work in conjunction with Tiny House Operators: Nickelsville and SHARE.
- Oversee daily operations for encampments and houses (scattered sites).
- Operate as a lead for other site staff – delegating and monitoring daily tasks.
- Coordinate work with Case Managers and management.
- Issue legal notices and pursue evictions after consultation with your supervisor.
- Enter into leases with residents. Conduct income certifications.
- Apply training in conflict resolution, landlord/tenant law, Fair Housing, Low Income tax Credit program compliance and HUD regulations.
- Maintain complete individual tenant files including all income and household eligibility information for tenants.
- Manage finances. Review bills, purchase supplies, collect rents, maintain rent roll. Maintain petty cash fund, and ensure that there is a clear audit trail for all administrative functions.
- Property management oversight – working with LIHI staff, maintenance staff and vendors – prepare and submit work orders, order and approve repairs, inspect condition of buildings and grounds, schedule maintenance for repairs and unit turns.
- Work with clients to access social services as needed. Also work directly with on site contracted social services providers.
- Engage with neighborhood organizations and businesses to foster good relations.
- Participate in community meetings and address problems as they arise.
- Respond to emergencies as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Excellent problem solving, conflict resolution and crisis management skills.
- Experience working with low-income and other vulnerable populations.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to make a one year commitment.
- Must pass criminal background checks and pass drug screening test.
- Must have a car and be able to travel.
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume or an application form. Application forms are available to print from the LIHI website at www.lihi.org or may be obtained in person at the office or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935. All application materials should be mailed, faxed or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Closing date: Open until filled.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply. LIHI participates in the E-Verify program.