DATE POSTED: February 2, 2017
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
HOURS: 40 hours per week. fulltime
PAY RANGE: $43,727 – 56,626 annual
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Pension, and Life/Disability
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops housing opportunities for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing justice
The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing finance and accounting functions for LIHI, Partnerships, and LLCs. This is a non- exempt position.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and ad hoc reconciliations.
- Process journal entries and accruals.
- Process month-end and year-end closing.
- Financial Statements preparation.
- Assist with annual budgets.
- AP processing and knowledge of cash requirements.
- AR/cash receipts processing and reconciliation of rent rolls.
- Prepare schedules on monthly, quarterly, annual basis and organize audit work papers.
- Understand Grants and Contracts for the projects.
- Actively contribute information to streamline procedures.
- Manage flow of paperwork in department
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a staff accountant with a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or other related fields. Experience may be substituted.
- The ideal candidate is one who has previous accounting experience in AP, AR, month end closing, financial analysis, reconciliation, variance analysis, budgets, forecasting, and quarterly reporting.
- Experience with accounting systems and property management systems preferred.
- Experience in real estate, construction, property management, or nonprofit accounting preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to learn quickly, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Flexible and willing to work evenings/weekends during busy times. Ability to teach other staff members. Must be a motivated a team player.
- Self-starter with good problem solving skills and ability to interact and communicate positively and successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word required.
- Ability to interact with senior management.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug screen.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume. Application forms can be used as a substitute to a cover letter and resume, but are not required during the first step of the application process. Applications are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org, may be obtained in person at the office, or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935 ext 0. All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Closing date: Open until filled
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. LIHI participates in E-Verify. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.