Special Projects Manager
POSTING DATE: July 29, 2016
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURS: Part-time. TBD
PAY RANGE: DOE
BENEFITS: LIHI has a package of benefits including health, life, disability.
POSITION TYPE: Exempt, management position
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops and manages housing for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing for all. LIHI provides over 1,800 affordable housing units in the Puget Sound region. LIHI also provides services through our Resident Services program and by partnering with area human service providers to further meet the needs of our residents.
This position works closing with the Executive Director, the LIHI Board of Directors and Senior Management. This position will work in the main office and also in the field as needed. The position includes developing and managing specific programs and projects providing a high level of expertise and providing support to the Executive Director. Position is responsible for planning and implementing new initiatives, managing contracts and programs, creating and managing budgets and directing staff. Working with the Board of Directors, this position will review governance and policies.
- Develop a thorough understanding of development and funder contracts.
- Develop special projects as assigned. Conduct research. Identify project phases and priorities. Monitor projects from inception to close out.
- Provide regular reports to the Executive Director and Senior Management team as required.
- Develop project budgets. Oversee public and private grants and contracts. Complete reports.
- Monitor specific budgets and provide updates and feedback to the management team as requested.
Board of Directors
- Working in conjunction with the Board and conduct research. Identify and draft new initiatives and policies.
- Assume management oversight for new programs and lines of business.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Four years executive management support experience.
- Two years experience working on housing development projects.
- Four years experience working with a Board of Directors.
- Experience developing, implementing, managing and monitoring contracts and policies.
- Experience drafting and monitoring budgets.
- Experience working in and coordinating groups and team building.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated experience that shows a high degree of interpersonal skills working with staff, housing partners and the public.
- Good mathematical aptitude and ability to understand financial statements.
- Proficient in word processing and Excel spreadsheet programs. Previous experience with record keeping and report preparation.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while performing multiple tasks.
- Must pass drug screening test.
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume to the Low Income Housing Institute. All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. LIHI participates in E-Verify. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.