DATE POSTED: February 23, 2016
REPORTS TO: Special Projects Manager
HOURS: Fulltime – 40 hours a week, Tuesday – Saturday. May include some evening and weekends.
PAY RANGE: $13.00 to $16.50 per hour (40 hours week basis) non-exempt position.
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, vacation & sick leave.
This is a non-exempt temporary positions lasting through August 31st, 2016.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops and manages housing for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing for all. LIHI provides over 1800 affordable housing units in the Puget Sound region. LIHI also provides services through our Resident Services program and by partnering with area human service provides to further meet the needs of our residents. LIHI is opening one safe car lot for homeless people living in their cars, campers and RVs. The location is in Ballard.
- Perform janitorial and grounds maintenance, garbage removal and litter patrol.
- Respond to emergencies and disputes on site, being on-call with pager.
- Respond to residents’ and community concerns and questions regarding the site.
- Organize and accept donations from the public.
- Schedule residents for volunteer work hours regularly.
- Inspect the site’s interior and exterior regularly.
- Order supplies and arrange services from vendors as needed.
- Provide orientation and information to participants on camp operations, safety, and code of conduct. Organize all camp meetings.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- One year maintenance experience.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with low-income people.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to make a six-month commitment.
- Must pass criminal background checks and pass drug screening test.
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources – Site Coordinator
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Closing date: Open until filled.
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. LIHI participates in E-Verify. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.