Georgetown and Aurora Encampments
DATE POSTED: February 10, 2017
REPORTS TO: Special Projects Manager
HOURS: Fulltime – 40 hours a week, Tuesday – Saturday. May include some evening and weekends.
PAY RANGE: $13.00 to $16.50 per hour (40 hours week basis) non-exempt position.
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, vacation & sick leave.
These are non-exempt temporary positions expected to last 12 months, depending on funding.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops and manages housing for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing for all. LIHI provides over 1800 affordable housing units in the Puget Sound region. LIHI also provides services through our Supportive Services program and by partnering with area human service provides to further meet the needs of our residents. LIHI is opening two new authorized encampments partnering with ShareWheel and Nickelsvillle organizations to provide a safe place and community for those experiencing homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency, and other barriers. The locations are in Georgetown and N. Seattle.
- Perform janitorial and grounds maintenance, garbage removal and litter patrol.
- Respond to emergencies and disputes on site, being on-call with pager.
- Respond to residents’ and community concerns and questions regarding the site.
- Organize and accept donations from the public.
- Schedule residents for volunteer work hours regularly.
- Inspect the site’s interior and exterior regularly.
- Order supplies and arrange services from vendors as needed.
- Provide orientation and information to participants on camp operations, safety, and code of conduct. Organize all camp meetings.
- Communicate with multiple staff and organizations.
- Driving in between sites and community meetings.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- One year maintenance experience.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with low-income and homeless population.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to make a Twelve-month commitment.
- Experience with establishing professional boundaries.
- Must have a driver’s license and insurance.
- Must have a reliable vehicle.
- Must pass criminal background checks and pass drug screening test.
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume or an application form. Application forms are available to print from the LIHI website at www.lihi.org or may be obtained in person at the office or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935. All application materials should be mailed, faxed or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Closing date: Open until filled.
This is a non-exempt position.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply. LIHI participates in the E-Verify program