(Residential) Security Worker
DATE POSTED: April 26, 2018
REPORTS TO: Area Manager
HOURS: 16 hrs/wk Monday & Wednesday 8am – 4pm.
PAY RANGE: $14.00 – 16.69 per hour, DOE.
BENEFITS: Vacation & sick leave
This is a non-exempt position.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops and manages housing for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing for all. LIHI provides over 1600 affordable housing units in the Puget Sound region. LIHI also provides services through our Resident Services program and by partnering with area human service providers to further meet the needs of our residents.
This position is for low income housing at McDermott Place, located in north Seattle. The Security Staff duties are primarily security duties for a building with 24/7 staff.
- Foster a safe, clean and peaceful environment.
- Provide an onsite presence mainly at the reception desk monitoring the building through security camera and monitoring the people as they enter and exit the building. The purpose is to assist with deterring theft, violence, vandalism, illegal activities or infractions of property rules.
- Enforce house rules and guest policies.
- Monitor individuals entering and exiting the property.
- Monitor activities and appearance of the common areas – entry, hallways, bathrooms and community rooms.
- Respond to residents concerns and questions regarding the building.
- Respond to emergencies on site, being on-call with cell phone and performing grounds checks. Call 911 in case of emergencies such as fire or injuries. Alert LIHI staff and management of incidents, safety concerns and other related issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year property security experience.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with low-income people.
- Good communication skills.
- Must pass criminal background checks and drug screening.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union.
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume. Applications are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org, may be obtained in person at the office, or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935. All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply. LIHI participates in the E-Verify program.