Safe Car Lots
Several positions available.
Posting Date: June 20, 2016
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Hours: Temporary. Approximately six months. May extend to 12 months
if additional City of Seattle funding is received. Full-time, 40
hours per week. And Part-time, varied hours.
Reports to: Special Projects Manager
Compensation: $12.00 – 15.72 per hour, DOE.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, vacation and sick leave after 90 days of employment.
These are non-exempt temporary positions expected to last 6 to 12 months, depending on funding.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops and manages housing for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing for all. LIHI provides over 1800 affordable housing units in the Puget Sound region. LIHI also provides services through our Resident Services program and by partnering with area human service providers to further meet the needs of our residents. LIHI is opening two safe car lots for homeless people living in their cars, campers and RVs. The initial two locations are in Ballard and Delridge.
The Security Staff duties are primarily security duties for a site with 24/7 staff.
- Foster a safe, clean and peaceful environment.
- Provide an onsite presence mainly at the security booth monitoring the fenced site area, the adjacent area, the community and dining spaces, and monitoring the people as they enter and exit the site. The purpose is to assist with deterring theft, violence, vandalism, illegal activities or infractions of rules and code of conduct.
- Enforce rules and guest policies.
- Monitor individuals entering and exiting the property. Maintain log and complete incident reports.
- Provide outreach and info to neighborhood residents.
- Monitor activities and appearance of the common areas – entry, kitchen tent, community tents, bathrooms, grounds and areas between campers.
- Respond to residents concerns and questions regarding the safe car lot.
- Respond to emergencies on site, being on-call with cell phone and performing grounds checks. Call 911 in case of emergencies such as fire or injuries. Alert LIHI staff and management of incidents, safety concerns and other related issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year property security experience.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with low-income people.
- Good communication skills.
- Must pass drug screening test.
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume. Applications are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org, may be obtained in person at the office, or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935. All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources – Security
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply. We participate in E-Verify.