(Residential) Security Worker
Several part-time positions available.
Posting Date: July 21, 2016
Closing Date: Open until filled.
- 3 days/wk, 4:00pm to midnight. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
- 2 days/wk, 4:00pm to midnight. Wednesday and Thursday
- 2 days/wk, 4:00pm to midnight. Friday and Saturday
Reports to: Area Manager
Compensation: $12.00 – 15.72 per hour, DOE.
Benefits: Vacation and sick leave.
This is a non-exempt position.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops and manages housing for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing for all. LIHI provides over 1600 affordable housing units in the Puget Sound region. LIHI also provides services through our Resident Services program and by partnering with area human service providers to further meet the needs of our residents.
This position is for low income housing at McDermott Place, located in north Seattle. The Security Staff duties are primarily security duties for a building with 24/7 staff.
- Foster a safe, clean and peaceful environment.
- Provide an onsite presence mainly at the reception desk monitoring the building through security camera and monitoring the people as they enter and exit the building. The purpose is to assist with deterring theft, violence, vandalism, illegal activities or infractions of property rules.
- Enforce house rules and guest policies.
- Monitor individuals entering and exiting the property.
- Monitor activities and appearance of the common areas – entry, hallways, bathrooms and community rooms.
- Respond to residents concerns and questions regarding the building.
- Respond to emergencies on site, being on-call with cell phone and performing grounds checks. Call 911 in case of emergencies such as fire or injuries. Alert LIHI staff and management of incidents, safety concerns and other related issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year property security experience.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with low-income people.
- Good communication skills.
- Must pass drug screening test.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union.
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume. Applications are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org, may be obtained in person at the office, or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935. All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. LIHI Participates in E-Verify. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.