Posting Date: July 27, 2016
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Hours: Part-time. 32 hours/week
Thursday and Friday 8:00pm – 5:30am, Saturday and Sunday 12.00noon
Reports to: Area Manager
Compensation: $12.00 – 15.72 per hour, DOE
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops and manages housing for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing for all. LIHI provides over 1500 affordable housing units in the Puget Sound region. LIHI also provides services through our Resident Services program and by partnering with area human service providers to further meet the needs of our residents. This position works at the Arion Court apartments in downtown Seattle.
The Security Staff duties are primarily security with some janitorial duties.
- Foster a safe, clean and peaceful environment.
- Provide an onsite presence in and around the property to assist with deterring theft, violence, vandalism, illegal activities or infractions of property rules.
- Enforce house rules and guest policies.
- Monitor individuals entering and exiting the property.
- Monitor activities and appearance of the common areas – entry, hallways, bathrooms and community rooms.
- Respond to residents concerns and questions regarding the building.
- Respond to emergencies on site, being on-call with pager and performing nightly grounds checks. Call 911 in case of emergencies such as fire or injuries. Alert LIHI staff and management of incidents, safety concerns and other related issues.
- Perform light janitorial cleaning of property common areas, trash and garbage removal, replacing light bulbs, emergency cleanup.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year property security experience.
- Janitorial experience.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with low-income people.
- Good communication skills.
- Must pass a drug screening test.
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume. Applications are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org, may be obtained in person at the office, or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935. All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. LIHI participates in E-Verify. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.