On Site Staff
The Marion West
DATE POSTED: July 7, 2016
REPORTS TO: Special Projects Manager
HOURS: Fulltime – 40 hours a week, Sunday – Thursday. May include some evening and weekends and must be on call. Must live on site.
PAY RANGE: $11.45 to $15.26 per hour (40 hours week basis) non-exempt position plus rent free One bedroom apartment.
BENEFITS: Life/disability and pension. Medical, dental, retirement, vacation & sick leave
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops and manages housing for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing for all. LIHI provides over 1800 affordable housing units in the Puget Sound region. LIHI also provides services through our Resident Services program and by partnering with area human service providers to further meet the needs of our residents.
The Marion West, a brand new building, will consist of 49 total units. 20 units of homeless young adults, 28 units of workforce housing and one staff apartment. LIHI’s partner on the project Youthcare will be present 24/7.
The housing is conveniently located in the University District at 5019 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105.
- Perform and schedule routine maintenance and janitorial or common areas, grounds maintenance, garbage removal and weeding, replacing locks and light bulbs, performing minor carpentry and painting.
- Respond to emergencies on site, being on-call with pager and performing nightly grounds checks.
- Respond to residents’ concerns and questions regarding the building.
- Inspect the building’s interior and exterior regularly. Inspect units annually; at time of turnover or as directed.
- Inventory – maintain basic supplies.
- Prepare vacant units including light maintenance, cleaning, and coordinating vendors for re-rental in a timely manner.
- Reside at the site in a designated apartment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year building maintenance experience.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with low-income people.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to make a one-year commitment.
- Must pass drug screening test.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume or an application form. Application forms are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org or may be obtained in person at the office or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935. All application materials should be mailed, faxed or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Closing date: Open until filled.
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. LIHI participates in E-Verify. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.