On Site Staff
DATE POSTED: April 26, 2018
REPORTS TO: Area Manager
HOURS: Fulltime – 40 hours a week
Sunday through Thursday (Days & Hours worked may be subject to change). Must live on site.
PAY RANGE: 14.00 to 16.69 per hour (40 hours week basis) non-exempt position
+ 1-Bedroom Unit at $50 per Month.
BENEFITS: Life/disability and pension. Medical, dental, retirement, vacation & sick leave
LIHI is a private non-profit developer, owner and manager of affordable housing for low-income families and individuals. LIHI currently owns and/or operates more than 2,000 units that provide housing to individuals and families who are very low income, elderly, veterans, homeless and/or disabled.
The person in this position will work at McDermott Place and maintain a 76 unit apartment building designed to house chronically homeless individuals who need enhanced supportive services because of chronic mental illness and/or substance abuse issues.
The On-Site staff’s duties are primarily maintenance, janitorial, and security.
- Perform and schedule routine maintenance and janitorial or common areas, grounds maintenance, garbage removal and weeding, replacing locks and light bulbs, performing minor carpentry and painting.
- Respond to emergencies on site, being on-call with pager and performing grounds checks.
- Respond to residents’ concerns and questions regarding the building.
- Inspect the building’s interior and exterior regularly. Inspect units annually; at time of turnover or as directed.
- Inventory – maintain basic supplies.
- Prepare vacant units including light maintenance, cleaning, and coordinating vendors for re-rental in a timely manner.
- Reside at the site in a designated apartment.
- Other duties as assigned
- One year building maintenance experience.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with low-income people.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to make a one-year commitment.
- Must pass criminal background checks and drug screening.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume or an application form. Application forms are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org or may be obtained in person at the office or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935. All application materials should be mailed, faxed or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Closing date: Open until filled.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply. LIHI participates in the E-Verify program.