On Site Staff
Cheryl Chow Court
DATE POSTED: September 18, 2017
REPORTS TO: Area Manager
HOURS: Fulltime – 40 hours a week, Tuesday – Saturday. May include some evening and weekends. Must live on site.
PAY RANGE: $13.00 to 16.13 per hour (40 hours week basis) non-exempt position plus rent free 1 Bedroom with Den apt.
BENEFITS: Life/disability and pension. Medical, dental, retirement, vacation & sick leave
LIHI is a private non-profit developer, owner and manager of affordable housing for low-income families and individuals. LIHI currently owns and/or operates more than 2,000 units that provide housing to individuals and families who are very low income, elderly, veterans, homeless and/or disabled.
Cheryl Chow Court consists of 50 affordable apartments for very low-income seniors who must be 62 years of age or older. A portion of the seniors served will be homeless individuals. Residents are income qualified per HUD and Tax Credit guidelines and residents pay 30% of their adjusted gross income on rent and utilities. The property offers 25 studio and 24 one-bedroom apartments plus an On Site Staff Apartment. Individual call bell systems and a controlled entry intercom/security system will also be included in the building. The housing is conveniently located at 2014 NW 57th Street, Seattle, WA 98107 in the heart of Seattle’s Ballard neighborhood. There are two outdoor decks on the first level, front and rear. The roof top includes a “green roof” with a large common area terrace, outdoor seating, and gardening areas for tenants to plant flowers and vegetables.
- Perform and schedule routine maintenance and janitorial or common areas, grounds maintenance, garbage removal and weeding, replacing locks and light bulbs, performing minor carpentry and painting.
- Respond to emergencies on site, being on-call with pager and performing nightly grounds checks.
- Respond to residents’ concerns and questions regarding the building.
- Inspect the building’s interior and exterior regularly. Inspect units annually; at time of turnover or as directed.
- Inventory – maintain basic supplies.
- Prepare vacant units including light maintenance, cleaning, and coordinating vendors for re-rental in a timely manner.
- Reside at the site in a designated apartment.
- Other duties as assigned
- One year building maintenance experience.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with low-income people.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to make a one-year commitment.
- Must pass criminal background checks and drug screening.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume or an application form. Application forms are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org or may be obtained in person at the office or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935. All application materials should be mailed, faxed or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Closing date: Open until filled.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply. LIHI participates in the E-Verify program.