2 positions available
Greater Seattle & Pioneer Square
POSTING DATE: June 19, 2018
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager/Area Manager
HOURS: Full time (40 hours per week)
PAY RANGE: $15.01 – $18.31 per hour DOE
BENEFITS: Medical, vision, dental, life/disability, retirement, vacation & sick leave
POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt & Unionized
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is a private non-profit developer, owner, and manager of affordable housing. Approximately seventy five percent of the Maintenance Worker position will be for conducting pest control (including bed bugs) preventative/emergency maintenance at all LIHI properties including related documentation and recording. Must obtain, pest control license within six months of employment – employer will train. The remaining duties include routine janitorial, painting, preventative maintenance, and limited skill level maintenance and apartment preparation for rental properties in the Greater Seattle area. Must have a reliable automobile. LIHI has over 1600 units of affordable housing in the Puget Sound area. LIHI staff must uphold a standard of work excellence, efficiency, cost consciousness, and teamwork.
- Serve as a field representative of the maintenance department of LIHI.
- Represent LIHI in a professional manner as reflected by personal appearance, attention to detail, jobsite cleanliness, customer service and safety.
- Document and record all work, purchases, travel, accidents, and any other related items in a timely, professional manner.
- Prepare vacant units for re-renting in a timely manner. Complete cleaning, maintenance, and coordinate with vendors or other LIHI maintenance staff.
- Perform regularly scheduled, turnover and emergency maintenance tasks including, but not limited to inspections, carpentry and drywall repair, painting, electrical work, appliance troubleshooting, and plumbing.
- Perform routine maintenance and janitorial of common areas, grounds maintenance, garbage removal and weeding, and replacing locks and light bulbs.
- Respond to emergencies as needed, sometimes after-hours.
- Record all work completed on appropriate forms in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follow direction and provide input to help prioritize assigned work to minimize vacancy loss, prevent property damage, and provide service to residents.
- Assist with the maintenance of sites inventory of basic supplies.
- 2 years experience in building maintenance completing or assisting with carpentry, basic plumbing service (clogged drains, minor leak repairs, faucet replacement, etc.). Must have some basic knowledgeable in repairs of doors, walls, floors, plumbing, locks, etc. and trouble-shooting with appliances or pest control experience.
- Regular access to a reliable automobile and general maintenance tools.
- Must have a valid Washington State driver’s license and driver liability insurance.
- Experience working with people of different income levels and ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must pass criminal background checks and drug test.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union.
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume or an application form. Application forms are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org or may be obtained in person at the office or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935. All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is an equal opportunity employer. LIHI participates in E-Verify. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: Open until filled.