Bremerton, Pt. Orchard
Open to current, regular LIHI employees only.
POSTING DATE: February 10, 2017
REPORTS TO: Area Manager
HOURS: Fulltime, 40 hours per week. May include some evenings and weekends.
PAY RANGE: $16.37 – 21.73 per hour DOE
BENEFITS: Medical/dental/vision, Life/Disability, Pension, vacation and sick leave.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is a private non-profit developer, owner, and manager of affordable housing. The Maintenance Technician will be primarily responsible for conducting routine, preventative, and emergency repairs on all of LIHI’s properties – 57 units in Bremerton and 51 units in Pt. Orchard. LIHI staff need to uphold a standard of work excellence, efficiency, cost consciousness, and teamwork.
- Serve as a field representative of the maintenance department of LIHI.
- Represent LIHI in a professional manner as reflected by personal appearance, attention to detail, jobsite cleanliness, customer service and safety.
- Document and record all work, purchases, travel, accidents, and any other related items in a timely, professional manner.
- Participate with other maintenance personnel in a plan for sharing on-call duties. This will include evening/weekend emergency pager responsibilities for the department.
- Perform regularly scheduled, turnover and emergency maintenance tasks on properties including, but not limited to inspections, carpentry and drywall repair, painting, electrical work, appliance troubleshooting, and plumbing.
- Perform light construction and other special projects as needed including, but not limited to, renovations, remodels, concrete and brick work, siding and roofing, and electrical and phone line upgrades.
- Maintain all mechanical equipment in good, serviceable condition.
- Maintain property grounds and landscaping in a professional manner.
- Assist the development department with punch lists, due diligence, walk-throughs, warranty work, and special tasks as needed.
- Coordinate bids on large projects and supervise subcontractors as needed.
- Evaluate properties for proactive maintenance needs, developing an active ability to recognize problem areas while they are still manageable.
- Meet regularly with resident managers and the housing management office to encourage clear communication and teamwork.
- Assist in tracking the budget.
- Record all inspections and related maintenance on appropriate forms in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prioritize all work to minimize vacancy loss, prevent property damage, and provide service to residents.
- Order all supplies and equipment as needed within the maintenance budget.
- 4 years experience in building maintenance including carpentry, electrical, and plumbing. Must be knowledgeable in repairs of doors, walls, floors, plumbing, light fixtures, appliances, locks, etc.
- Experience working with people of different income levels and ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Regular access to a vehicle and general maintenance tools.
- Ability to use MS Excel, MS Word, and e-mail at an intermediate level for time sheets and other bi-monthly reports.
Preferred Qualification: Washington State, Labor and Industries 07-B Residential Electrical Maintenance Certification.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union.
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume or an application form. Application forms are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org or may be obtained in person at the office or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935. All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Closing date: Open until filled.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply. LIHI participates in the E-Verify program.