Seattle Metro Area
DATE POSTED: January 18, 2017
REPORTS TO: LIHI Facilities Manager
HOURS: Full time, 40 hours per week
PAY RANGE: $48,000 – $53,000 per year, DOE
BENEFITS: Medical, vision, dental, Life/Disability, vacation & sick leave
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops and manages housing for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing for all. LIHI also provides services to residents through community building and self-management models, and by partnering with area human service providers to further meet the needs of our residents.
This is an exempt, management position.
- Coordinate all building services with the LIHI Facilities Manager.
- Keep the Facilities Manager current regarding maintenance and building security. Troubleshoot problems and propose solutions including preventative and long term maintenance plans. Get approval for all expenditures.
- Coordinate major maintenance and capital improvement projects to include meeting with contractors, preparing scope of work, and overseeing projects in conjunction with the Facilities Manager.
- Support the overall mission of the Low Income Housing Institute.
- Supervise contractors, maintenance and janitorial staff. Coordinate and delegate work assignments. Set clear and specific expectations. Provide regular and constructive feedback to staff and conduct performance reviews. Assist staff to resolve differences. Provide training as needed.
- Coordinate staff and assist with pest control and extermination.
- Responsible for all areas of the buildings including apartments, offices, work and storage areas, garage, commercial spaces, common areas and building exteriors.
- Make necessary repairs to all building systems interior and exterior systems, etc.
- Understand the functions of the fire control, steam operation/controls, water and pump systems, plumbing, electrical, elevator and generator systems. Train staff regarding these systems as needed.
- Assist with timely and complete unit turns including in-house transfers. Assist move-ins and move-outs as needed.
- Assist with inspections of units and other inspections as needed. Maintain maintenance records for building systems and safety equipment.
- Ensure daily work orders are attended to and records kept.
- Find appropriate vendors and monitor their activity.
- Respond to emergencies in the buildings and be on-call after hours/weekends for emergency maintenance needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years experience in facility operations with Steam operational background, construction lead, or management of maintenance staff in large commercial buildings.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain industry certifications within one year of employment (training provided).
- Skilled knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, mechanical and steam systems, lock systems, fire control systems etc.
- Experience working independently, prioritizing work tasks, and following through with completion of tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, delegate authority.
- Strong customer service style with excellent listening skills and can-do attitude.
- Proficiency in computers (Microsoft Office Suite – Word and Excel) and ability to learn other management software.
- Ability to work within the mission and goals of the Low Income Housing Institute.
- Must have reliable insured vehicle.
- Must pass criminal background and drug screening test.
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume. All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Closing date: Open until filled.
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. LIHI participates in E-Verify. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.