Live-In Building Assistant
Ernestine Anderson Place
DATE POSTED: October 17, 2017
REPORTS TO: Special Project Manager
HOURS: Full time, 40 hours per week
PAY RANGE: $13.00 – 14.36 per hour + 1-Bedroom Unit & Utilities at no charge
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, life/disability, retirement, vacation & sick leave
This person holding this position lives onsite at Ernestine Anderson Place, located in Seattle’s Central District at 2010 South Jackson Street. The position includes a 1-bedroom unit provided for no rent. Utilities for the unit are paid by LIHI. This is a non-smoking building.
Ernestine Anderson Place is senior housing, serving homeless and low income individuals and couples aged 55 and older, some with substance abuse and mental health issues.
The Resident Housing Assistant works at Ernestine Anderson Place and lives onsite to provide emergency coverage as needed. The position works closely with the Special Project Manager and a group of Sound Mental Health case managers to oversee the 60 units in the building.
- Coverage of front desk duties
- Answer questions, phone inquiries and screen calls for staff as needed.
- Assist with light Janitorial duties, as needed
- Assist with unit turns, as needed
- Type, file, photocopy, process transmittals/mailings and other office duties
- Forward maintenance request forms to LIHI’s maintenance department; track maintenance work and needs
- Respond to emergencies on site with both maintenance issues and tenant issues.
- Assist SMH employees with resident issues or concerns as needed
- Assist with office duties as needed.
- Assist with conducting outreach for vacancies.
- Assist with maintaining residential files
- Arrange service from vendors and utility companies as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned in order to provide a clean, safe and stable living environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to word without direct supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and work processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people with sensitivity to cultural, mental health, and class issues, and a demonstrated commitment to social justice and/or low income housing.
- Desired knowledge of Landlord – Tenant Law, Fair Housing Regulations, Tax Credit requirements and Section 8 Housing.
- Must pass Washington State Patrol background check
- Experience in clerical/administrative work, social services. Demonstrated ability to provide high quality staff support.
- Excellent organizational and proven ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with resident or other social service providers.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must pass drug screening test.
This is a non-exempt position. This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume.
All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Closing date: Open until filled. Anticipated move-in to the building is early January 2016.
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. LIHI participates in E-Verify. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.