Denice Hunt and Cate Apartments
Posted: October 27, 2017
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Hours: Part-time. 30 hours per week. Monday – Friday. May include some evenings and weekend.
Salary: $13.50 – 15.39 per hour DOE
Benefits: Disability insurance, vacation and sick leave. Medical, dental and vision are
available via premium-share.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is a private non-profit developer, owner and operator of affordable housing. LIHI owns or operates over 1400 units of affordable housing in the Puget Sound Area. The Janitor’s duties are primarily light maintenance and janitorial.
- Perform and schedule routine janitorial and light maintenance of common areas, grounds maintenance, garbage removal and weeding, replacing locks and light bulbs, performing minor carpentry and painting.
- Respond to light maintenance or cleaning emergencies as needed.
- Respond to residents concerns and questions regarding the building’s cleanliness and report maintenance needs to the Program Coordinator.
- Inspect the building’s interior and exterior each work day for graffiti, damage, lighting not working and any apparent safety hazards.
- Assist the Program Coordinator with annual unit inspections, at time of turnover or as needed, helping to create work requests for maintenance needs.
- Inventory – maintain basic cleaning and “light maintenance” supplies. Secure these supplies, especially cleaning chemicals, so children are not put at risk for poisoning and so these supplies are not lost or stolen. Read and understand Material Safety and Date Sheets (MSDS) for each chemical used.
- Prepare vacant units for re-rental, including light maintenance, cleaning, painting and helping coordinate any vendor work for re-rental of the unit in a timely manner.
- On a timely and daily basis, complete LIHI “Work Orders” for all non-routine cleaning and grounds work. Also use Work Requests to document all repair and non-routine work completed and to request maintenance work (with Program Coordinator approval) to be completed by LIHI Maintenance staff or vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year building maintenance or janitorial experience.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with low-income people.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must pass criminal background checks and a drug screen test.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU). This is a non-exempt position.
If interested in this position please send in a completed and signed LIHI application. Applications are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org, may be obtained in person at the office, or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935. All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121-1311
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: HR@lihi.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Closing date: Open until filled.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is an equal opportunity employer. LIHI participates in E-Verify. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.