Posting Date: February 7, 2017
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Reports to: Area Manager
Hours: Fulltime (40 hours/week (may include some weekends and holidays)
Salary: $12.50 – 15.00 per hour
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision, Life/Disability, Pension, vacation and sick leave.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is a private non-profit developer, owner and operator of affordable housing. LIHI owns or operates over 1400 units of affordable housing in the Puget Sound Area. The Janitor’s duties are primarily light maintenance and janitorial.
- Perform and schedule routine janitorial and light maintenance of common areas, grounds maintenance, garbage removal, and replacing light bulbs.
- Respond to light cleaning emergencies as needed.
- Respond to staff/resident concerns and questions regarding the building’s cleanliness and report maintenance needs to the Maintenance Manager.
- Inspect the building’s interior and exterior each work day for graffiti, damage, lighting not working and any apparent safety hazards.
- Inventory – maintain basic cleaning and “light maintenance” supplies. Secure these supplies, especially cleaning chemicals. Read and understand Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for each chemical used.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year building maintenance or janitorial experience.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with low-income people.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Willing to make a one-year commitment.
- Must pass criminal background and drug testing.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU). The Low Income Housing Institute participates in the E-Verify program.
If interested in this position please send in a completed and signed LIHI application. Applications are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org, may be obtained in person at the office, or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935.
All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121-1311
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: HR@lihi.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Closing date: Open until filled.
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.