POSTING DATE: September 24, 2013
HOURS: Fulltime, 40 hours per week
SALARY: $55,000 – 70,000 DOE
BENEFITS: Medical/Vision/Dental, Life/Disability, and retirement. Vacation & sick leave.
POSITION TYPE: Exempt Management Position
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops and manages housing for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing for all. LIHI also provides services to residents through community building and self-management models, and by partnering with area human service providers to further meet the needs of our residents.
This position is a management level position in Housing Management and involves working with multiple LIHI properties, Program Coordinators, Resident Managers and office support staff. The Compliance Manager works with Area Managers to supervise these staff in work related to compliance and report generating. Some property management responsibilities. Overall, the position is responsible for providing information on the performance of LIHI properties that supplements financial reports generated by the Finance Department and leading agency compliance with funding requirements.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and document LIHI policies and procedures regarding tax credit and HUD certification that are compliant with all tax credit and HUD guidelines.
- Develop and document LIHI policies and procedures regarding compliance with funder guidelines.
- Oversee the internal and external audits for tenant files to ensure that certification is compliant with regulatory agreement.
- Administer on-site trainings for compliance.
- Act as an information resource for the organization with respect to compliance and occupancy matters.
- Advises and assists with responses to compliance requests from WSHFC.
- Monitors portfolio vacancies and assist staff with some solutions to delayed vacancies.
- Ensures that all the correct forms and proper procedures are used for subsidy programs, Housing Authority compliance and LIHTC compliance.
- Responsible for remaining current on tax credit, HUD, Section 8 and occupancy requirements (attends trainings and workshops).
- Provide leadership at assigned sites that need assistance with annual certifications.
- Assist in the lease-up process of newly constructed and newly renovated buildings.
- Audit properties for compliance with applicable laws and funder requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with low-income communities.
- Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) or Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) or similar. (Compliance experience with a regulatory agency can substitute for certification)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must pass drug screening.
- Training and experience in multiple regulatory programs: HUD, Tax Credit, HCD, MOH and Section 8.
- Knowledge of Bostonpost property management software or comparable property management software in an implementation or training capacity.
- Knowledge of residential property management, building systems and housing quality standards.
- Experience as Compliance Specialist with HUD or WSHFC.
- Experience as Compliance Specialist with management company with large LIHTC or Sec. 8 portfolio.
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume. For additional information review the LIHI website at www.lihi.org. All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: HR Manager/Compliance Manager
2407 1st Avenue, Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
E-mail to: HR@lihi.org
For questions contact Lynne Behar 206-957-8023
Closing date: Open until filled.
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.