ASSISTANT JANITOR / TRASH COLLECTION
POSTING DATE: March 27, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
REPORTS TO: Area Manager
HOURS: Part-time, 20 hours per week. 8:00am – noon
PAY RANGE: $14.00 – 15.40 per hour, DOE.
BENEFITS: Vacation and sick leave. Disability insurance and may enroll for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits via premium-share
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is a private non-profit developer, owner and operator of affordable housing. LIHI owns or operates over 1600 units of affordable housing in the Puget Sound Area. The Assistant Janitor’s duties are primarily trash collection and light janitorial. This position is located at the Frye Apartments (234 units), located in downtown Seattle.
- Remove trash from trash rooms and place in alley for collection.
- Keep trash rooms neat and clean.
- Separate recyclables when necessary.
- Keep basement trash collection area swept and mopped.
- Mop common areas when necessary (after a spill or a leaky trash bag), and/or requested.
- Miscellaneous chores as requested.
- Maintain customer service approach at all times.
- Uphold and model the mission of LIHI.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to respond to requests in English.
- Ability to maintain a positive, customer service style and respond to customer service requests in a courteous manner.
- Ability to assess janitorial issues and problem solve janitorial concerns.
- Work history that demonstrates reliability and dependability.
- Ability to work within the mission of LIHI.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug screening test.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU). This is a non-exempt position.
If interested in this position please send in a completed and signed LIHI application. Applications are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org, may be obtained in person at the office, or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935. All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121-1311
Fax: (206) 443-9851
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. LIHI participates in E-Verify. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.