JOB DESCRIPTION: Construction Asset Manager
POSTING DATE: September 29, 2017
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
HOURS: Full time
PAY RANGE: $55,000 – 70,000 annual DOE
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Pension, and Life/Disability, Vacation and Paid Sick Leave.
POSITION TYPE: Exempt, management.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops housing opportunities for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing justice. LIHI is one of the most productive nonprofit housing organizations in the state and is regional nonprofit housing organization. The agency owns over 2,000 units in Seattle and the surrounding Puget Sound Region.
Duties and Responsibilities
The construction asset manager is responsible for ensuring that LIHI’s physical assets are well maintained, and works to maximize social and financial returns.
- Ensure portfolio meets owner physical quality standard, and ensure long-term physical health of the portfolio.
- Understand compliance issues facing all properties; work with housing management and finance staff to ensure that obligations are met and regulations are adhered to.
- Administer loan and equity agreements after initial and final loan closings.
- Provide regular reports to senior management on asset management activities.
- Develop or maintain asset management plans and capital needs assessments for properties.
- Participate in the budget process for all properties.
- Participate in property workouts.
- Conduct site inspections with housing management staff and ensure preparation for compliance inspections.
- Work with facilities staff on schedules for routine maintenance, as well as crisis-level responses for emergencies such as fire or flood.
- Monitor repairs and support insurance claim process when property damage or liability claims occur.
- Plan for capital improvement projects, including budgeting. Identify funding, work with site and/or development staff in securing bids, selecting contractor(s) to complete the work, managing the project and budget, and documenting the work completed.
- Work with development staff during design phase of new buildings to align design with LIHI’s asset management goals.
- Monitor energy usage of properties, identify resources for energy audits and retrofits, and work with property staff to maximize savings to the agency.
- Ensure excellent curb appeal; LIHI properties should be the best looking buildings on the block.
- Monitor cash flow from the properties, plan for adequate cash available for emergencies, track accumulated reserves.
- Manage leasing of commercial spaces.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fair housing, real estate finance, property management, and real estate development.
- Excellent writer and verbal communicator.
- Self-motivated with effective interpersonal and collaborative working style.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Effective supervisor who provides direct reports with guidance and feedback to build confidence and reach goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of asset management experience, or in a related field.
- Ability to comprehend and use informational documents including budgets, financial reports, occupancy reports, bids, contracts, HUD and tax credit manuals, industry publications, legal documents, and meeting minutes.
- Ability to stay informed of changes in policy, methods, operations, etc. as they apply to property and asset management operations and activities.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook required. Knowledge of property management or accounting software desired.
- Ability to work with and sensitivity to a diverse, low-income, multi-ethnic population.
- Sound judgment, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Valid WA state driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and valid auto insurance.
- Must pass criminal background checks and drug test.
If interested in this position, please submit cover letter & resume to:
Low Income Housing Institute
2407 First Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply. LIHI participate in the E-Verify program.