ACCOUNTANT I – Properties
POSTING DATE: January 19, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
HOURS: Fulltime, 40 hours per week
SALARY RANGE: $36,968 – 45,286 (fulltime annual)
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, retirement,
vacation and sick leave.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops housing opportunities for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing justice.
The Accountant I – Properties is responsible for performing finance and accounting functions for LIHI, partnerships and LLCs. This is a non-exempt position. Duties include:
- Organize bank statements and track reconciliations.
- Review invoice coding for assigned properties.
- Conduct first level reconciliation and resolution of input discrepancies.
- Prepare routine schedules in support of depreciation and amortization of assets.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare journal entries for assigned entities.
- Ensure compliance with internal control.
- Other duties performed include reports distribution, filing, photocopying, faxing, administrative duties and special projects.
- 2 years relevant experience.
- An AA degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or other related fields. Equivalent experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure and meet deadlines. Must be able to maintain important payment schedules.
- Excellent data entry skills. Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Self-starter with good problem solving skills and ability to interact and communicate positively and successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Flexible and willing to work evenings/weekends during busy times.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed.
This is a unionized position represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union. This is a non-exempt position.
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume. Application forms can be used as a substitute to a cover letter and resume, but are not required during the first step of the application process. Applications are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org, may be obtained in person at the office, or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935 ext 0. All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: HR Acct. 1
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
The Low Income Housing Institute is as an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.