Accountant 2 – Sr. Accountant
DATE POSTED: August 8, 2016
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
HOURS: 40 hours per week. fulltime
PAY RANGE: $43,727 – 56,626 annual
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Pension, and Life/Disability
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops housing opportunities for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing justice
The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing finance and accounting functions for LIHI, Partnerships, and LLCs. This is a non- exempt position.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts and ad hoc reconciliations.
• Process journal entries and accruals.
• Process month-end and year-end closing.
• Financial Statements preparation.
• Assist with annual budgets.
• AP processing and knowledge of cash requirements.
• AR/cash receipts processing and reconciliation of rent rolls.
• Prepare schedules on monthly, quarterly, annual basis and organize audit work papers.
• Understand Grants and Contracts for the projects.
• Actively contribute information to streamline procedures.
• Manage flow of paperwork in department
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a staff accountant with a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or other related fields. Experience may be substituted.
• The ideal candidate is one who has previous accounting experience in AP, AR, month end closing, financial analysis, reconciliation, variance analysis, budgets, forecasting, and quarterly reporting.
• Experience with accounting systems and property management systems preferred.
• Experience in real estate, construction, property management, or nonprofit accounting preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills. Ability to learn quickly, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Flexible and willing to work evenings/weekends during busy times. Ability to teach other staff members. Must be a motivated a team player.
• Self-starter with good problem solving skills and ability to interact and communicate positively and successfully with all levels of the organization.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word required.
• Ability to interact with senior management.
• Must pass criminal background check and drug-screen.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
If interested in this position please send in a cover letter and resume. Application forms can be used as a substitute to a cover letter and resume, but are not required during the first step of the application process. Applications are available on the LIHI website at http://www.lihi.org, may be obtained in person at the office, or will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935 ext 0. All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Closing date: Open until filled
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.