Posting Date: August 8, 2017
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Compensation: $13.00 – 16.13 per hour, DOE.
Benefits: Vacation, Sick Leave, Medical, Disability Insurance, and Retirement. Medical/Dental/Vision coverage is available via premium-share.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) develops and manages housing for people who are low-income and/or homeless, provides technical assistance to communities and other non-profits, and advocates for housing for all. LIHI provides over 2,000 affordable housing units in the Puget Sound region. LIHI also provides services to residents through community building and mutual housing models, through our Supportive Services department, and by partnering with area human service providers to further meet the needs of our residents. This position is located in south Seattle.
The On-Site staff’s duties are primarily Security, Janitorial, and Maintenance.
- Respond to emergencies on-site, being on-call with pager, and performing nightly rounds of the interior and exterior of the property to ensure the property is secure.
- Perform daily janitorial of common areas to include Management Office (Restroom and Lobby included), Case Management Office, Computer Room, Community Room, and Laundry Room. Daily removal of garbage from around the perimeter of the building to include the inner court yard and playground which includes placing garbage and recycle carts curbside on scheduled collection days.
- Refer residents to appropriate staff when they have questions and/or concerns.
- Ensure and/or request that adequate janitorial cleaning supplies and cable boxes are ordered.
- Perform light maintenance duties: Install cable boxes in all units. Replace locks and light bulbs. Assist Maintenance personnel with unit turns, includes cleaning, replacing lights, minor carpentry, and painting.
- Reside at the site in a designated apartment and pay rent.
- One year building maintenance experience.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills with an emphasis on Security.
- Experience working with low-income people.
- Good communication skills coupled with strict boundaries.
- Willing to make a one-year commitment.
- Must pass criminal background checks and drug screening.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU). If interested in this position, please send in a cover letter and resume. Applications are available on the LIHI website at www.lihi.org, you may obtain one in person at the office, or one will be mailed to you by phone request at (206) 443-9935.
All application materials should be mailed, faxed, or dropped off in person to:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Fax: (206) 443-9851
Or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply. LIHI participates in the E-Verify program.