Interbay Tiny House Village Expansion
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI), in partnership with the Port of Seattle and City of Seattle, is planning to expand Interbay Village to provide additional shelter, safety, and community for individuals and couples experiencing homelessness in Seattle at 1601 15th Ave W, Seattle, WA 98119. The property is leased from the Port of Seattle, and the existing village has been in place for 3 years. The City’s HOPE Team will coordinate referrals into the village to single adult women, men, couples, and people with pets who are currently living unsheltered outside. On-site case management will help clients secure permanent housing, employment, healthcare, and other services. LIHI will develop and operate the village. The Village expansion will include:
- Addition of up to 30 tiny houses. Each tiny house is 8 feet by 12 feet, is insulated, and has heat, electricity, and a locking door.
- Additional 24/7 on-site staff including operations, security, and case management.
- On-site wrap-around services including case management, housing navigation support, employment, education, and health resources.
- Expanded community kitchen, restrooms, showers, and laundry services.
- Hot meals delivered daily.
Community Meeting: Join us for a virtual community meeting to discuss the Interbay Village Expansion on August 17, 2021, 5:30pm – 7:00pm.
The CAC (Community Advisory Committee) will continue to operate, and the Code of Conduct for the village will continue to be in effect.
If you wish to apply to be a member of the CAC, please email Josh Castle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions / concerns / feedback? If you have additional questions, concerns, or feedback, please contact Josh Castle, LIHI Community Engagement Director, at email@example.com.