Housing Development Associate
POSTING DATE: December 5, 2018
REPORTS TO: Housing Development Director
HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours/week
PAY RANGE: $41,727.79 – 52,160.61
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, retirement, life/disability, vacation
and sick leave
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) is a non-profit organization which develops housing for low-income households. LIHI owns and/or operates more than 1,700 units of housing throughout the Puget Sound area.
The Housing Development Associate will assist Housing Development team members in their efforts to develop and rehabilitate low-income housing projects. This is an exempt position. This is an entry level position.
Descriptions of Duties:
Housing development Assistance:
- Collect, track and distribute due diligence materials.
- Prepare and review documents to reach closing with financing institutions, contractor, attorneys, engineers, architects, and other development team members.
- Review and present change orders to the development team and track budget adjustments.
- Monitor and assist with lease-up of new buildings. Assist with preparation of financial applications.
- Assist with research on potential new projects.
Construction management assistance:
- Track and coordinate payments requests, attend meetings and take notes as needed.
- Management of equipment and schedules.
- Copy and scan documents for applications and shared drive.
- Filing and organizing.
- Schedule meetings.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. One year experience in project coordination is required. Three years experience is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be committed to affordable housing development and preservation and have an aptitude and ambition for becoming a housing developer.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills and be a team player.
- Must be comfortable using Word and Excel.
- Must be able to simultaneously coordinate multiple development projects at different stages in the development process.
- This individual joins the LIHI Project Development team. The Project Development team, collectively, is responsible for project development and project management activities, soliciting financing, competing for public funding, contracting, design oversight of architectural team, construction administration and project close-out. Projects will involve multiple and complex funding sources, such as public financing, bond financing, private financing, tax credits, HUD and other sources.
- Candidates should be able to work independently, be detail oriented, be comfortable with uncertainty and have strong mathematical. oral, written and analytical skills.
- The ability to genuinely enjoy collaboration with and learning from others is a minimum requirement.
- The Housing Development Assistant will work with no less than three developers and support their work, taking on duties summarized above plus other tasks as assigned.
- Must pass criminal background checks and drug screening.
This is an exempt, unionized position represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union. If interested, please pick up or request an application from:
The Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Human Resources
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Phone: (206) 443-9935
Fax: (206) 443-9851
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. LIHI participates in E-Verify. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.